Collection scanner fails for some sampler CDs

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at gmx.de
Sat Aug 5 10:57:47 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've tried to submit this via bugzilla, but the wizard failed and I only
received an error page which I've sent to webmaster at kde.org. Unfortunately I
cannot simply file a new bug report since I'm not listed as a KDE developer.

I'm running amarok 1.4-svn rev 569913 under SuSE Linux 10 with KDE 3.5.2a,
using mysql as database.

The current version of amarok seems to fail to group the mp3 files of some
sampler CDs located in directories which contain special characters, e.g. '/'

For example, files from directory

sampler1 (CD1/2)/*.mp3

are put into the database, but they are not grouped as album which is listed
in amarok under

Various/sampler1 (CD1/2)

In the logfile collection_scan.files those files are listed as

sampler1 (CD1%2f2)/*.mp3

However, files which are located in directories which don't have the slash

sampler2 CD12/*.mp3

are grouped correctly.

Also files from specific artists (i.e. not samplers) are handled correctly.

This has been working in earlier SVN versions from about 4 weeks ago.

Thanks,

Martin