Collection scanner fails for some sampler CDs

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at gmx.de
Sun Aug 6 20:36:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've not yet received any reply to my original email, but here's some
additional info. From the amarok console output:

amarok:     [CollectionDB] MYSQL QUERY FAILED: You have an error in your SQL
  syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for
  the right syntax to use near '%4, 1125850911 )' at line 1
amarok: FAILED QUERY: REPLACE INTO directories_temp ( dir, deviceid,
  changedate ) VALUES ( './pub/music/martin/cd/UFO/Time To Rock (CD12f2)', %4,
  1125850911 );

I'm not quite familiar with mysql, but from what I see I'd think the '%4'
statement in the SQL query should have been replaced with some real value.

Also, at startup I see the following mys1ql errors:

amarok:       [CollectionDB] MYSQL QUERY FAILED: Table 'amarok.statistics'
  doesn't exist
amarok: FAILED QUERY: SELECT COUNT( url ) FROM statistics LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0;
amarok:       [CollectionDB] MYSQL QUERY FAILED: Table
  'amarok.podcastchannels' doesn't exist
amarok: FAILED QUERY: SELECT COUNT( url ) FROM podcastchannels LIMIT 1 OFFSET
  0;
amarok:       [CollectionDB] MYSQL QUERY FAILED: Table
  'amarok.podcastepisodes' doesn't exist
amarok: FAILED QUERY: SELECT COUNT( url ) FROM podcastepisodes LIMIT 1 OFFSET
  0;

I.e., the tables 'statistics', 'podcastchannels', and 'podcastepisodes' don't
seem to be created when the amarok DB is created.

Regards,

Martin