Old screenshots hanging around?

Pete Daniels pete at guerrillatechsupport.com
Mon Sep 13 21:32:23 CEST 2010

	 I'm in favor of the current layout. If you're a member of one of
those social networks, you know what that logo is, and if you're not,
well, we're not advertising for them, we're advertising for us. And it
looks really clean and nice the way it is.

	-p.

 On Mon 09/13/10 13:08, Abhishek Rane abhishekrane at gmail.com wrote:
<abhishekrane at gmail.com [4]> wrote:
> [...]
description). A

 >>> Nice idea, Abhishek! Please turn your request above into a
little
 >>> article for the Insider, and add it:
 >>>
 >>> http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Articles/Amarok_Insider_15
[10]>

 >>> I trust you have all heard that we have another week to get the
 >>> Insider in shape.
 >>>
 >>> Thanks!
 >>>
 >>> Valorie
 >>>
 >>> PS: I'll be offline for a couple of days; hopefully will be back
and
 >>> catching up by Sunday night. -v
 >

 >> I've added the article to the Insider, but I feel we need to
promote
 >> this campaign on a.k.o too(as a blog post). Basically, as part of
the
 >> campaign we ask users to send us their screenshots and
screencasts,
 >> and we'll upload them to Amarok's Flickr and Youtube accounts,
also
 >> giving them appropriate credit. A few more things that need to be
done
 >> :
 >> 1) In the screenshots section on ako, post a link to the official

 >> Flickr account.
 >
 > Please do this!
 >
 >> 2) Add a new section on a.k.o by the name screencasts, so that
users
 >> can discover more features in amarok when they visit the site for
the
 >> first time.
 >
 > More than one screenshot area? I think we need to pay attention to
the
 > one we HAVE at http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots  [11]>
 >
 >> 3) Create a new section on a.k.o, which includes links to
Amarok's
 >> twitter, facebook, and, other social profiles.
 >
 > Agreed. http://amarok.kde.org/en/socialmedia [12] , perhaps? Link
to the
 > Amarok planet, too.
 >
 > Valorie
 > --
 > New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/  [13]>
 > Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious:
valoriez
 > All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com  [14]>

 Hi,
 I've uploaded the new screenshots at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots [17]
 And about the social page we've talked about, I've created it at
 http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/760/ [18] . Please do check it out and
give
 your opinions and ideas to improve it. Lydia was planning on having
 vertical list with text and icons, and I was rooting for the current

 horizontal, without text layout; so we sort of need your opinions
 about it. Also, I'll be busy again for a few days, so I won't be
there
 on IRC, hence please keep this discussion running on the
amarok-promo
 list.
 -Abhishek

Links: