Old screenshots hanging around?

Abhishek Rane abhishekrane at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:08:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Abhishek Rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
>> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Nice idea, Abhishek! Please turn your request above into a little
>>> article for the Insider, and add it:
>>>
>>> http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Articles/Amarok_Insider_15
>>>
>>> I trust you have all heard that we have another week to get the
>>> Insider in shape.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Valorie
>>>
>>> PS: I'll be offline for a couple of days; hopefully will be back and
>>> catching up by Sunday night. -v
>

>> I've added the article to the Insider, but I feel we need to promote
>> this campaign on a.k.o too(as a blog post). Basically, as part of the
>> campaign we ask users to send us their screenshots and screencasts,
>> and we'll upload them to Amarok's Flickr and Youtube accounts, also
>> giving them appropriate credit. A few more things that need to be done
>> :
>> 1) In the screenshots section on ako, post a link to the official
>> Flickr account.
>
> Please do this!
>
>> 2) Add a new section on a.k.o by the name screencasts, so that users
>> can discover more features in amarok when they visit the site for the
>> first time.
>
> More than one screenshot area? I think we need to pay attention to the
> one we HAVE at http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots
>
>> 3) Create a new section on a.k.o, which includes links to Amarok's
>> twitter, facebook, and, other social profiles.
>
> Agreed. http://amarok.kde.org/en/socialmedia , perhaps? Link to the
> Amarok planet, too.
>
> Valorie
> --
> New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
> Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez
> All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com

Hi,
I've uploaded the new screenshots at http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots
And about the social page we've talked about, I've created it at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/760/ . Please do check it out and give
your opinions and ideas to improve it. Lydia was planning on having a
vertical list with text and icons, and I was rooting for the current
horizontal, without text layout; so we sort of need your opinions
about it. Also, I'll be busy again for a few days, so I won't be there
on IRC, hence please keep this discussion running on the amarok-promo
list.
-Abhishek