Old screenshots hanging around?

Abhishek Rane abhishekrane at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:34:12 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 09:36, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Abhishek Rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> 2) Add a new section on a.k.o by the name screencasts, so that users
>>> can discover more features in amarok when they visit the site for the
>>> first time.
>>
>> More than one screenshot area? I think we need to pay attention to the
>> one we HAVE at http://amarok.kde.org/en/screenshots
>
> Not screenshots, screencasts aka videos :)
> I also think this should be a separate section, but calling it videos
> might be more appropriate, not everybody understands the term
> "screencasts"
>

> Regards, Myriam.
>
> --
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Agreed, 'videos' sounds much better. Also, on the front page we can
have a link saying 'See Amarok in Action', linking to the Videos
section. P.S: http://macromates.com/
As far as the screenshots page goes, why are we keeping the old
screenshots(like v2.1,1.4, etc,) at all?. We can rather keep a full
screenshot tour of Amarok's latest version, (pull screenies from the
Flickr account, I'll be uploading more), also adding some screenies to
http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/583 . For the old ones, we can keep a
separate section like 'Amarok through the years'. P.S:
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/features
For the social media page, I'll come up with a template once my exams
get over next week. :(
Any opinions?