Amarok handbook

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 06:55:59 CET 2009

The Handbook is OLD, and evidently not supported. On the forum, I
spoke up and offered to help update the handbook, but I've been
looking around, and it looks like the Handbook has been outdated in
favor of the wiki at

http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok

I did see something about translating it into docbook, but it seems to
me that the basic issue is to decide on a place to put images and
text, and a wiki seems ideal.

Moving it into another format at some later date will be much simpler,
if it's mostly current, correct?

Ugh, googling around before I send this, I see:
http://gitorious.org/amarok-handbook which is dated 4 Oct 2009. Is
*this* the active project? Author  giofni, * linda.hald.nielsen
@gm…l.com

And this: http://osdir.com/ml/kde-commits/2009-09/msg06648.html , titled
[Amarok] Add first draft of new Amarok Handbook At this poi: msg#06648
kde-commits, dated Sat Sep 19 20:18:41 2009 +0200, Author: Linda Hald
Nielsen <linda.hald.nielsen at xxxxxxxxx>

The last discussion I see is in 2006:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=115940254000022&r=1&w=2

Is there a better way to search the list archives than just googling?
I don't see a search function through the Mailman archive listings.

This looks hopeful:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=125344617106187&w=2 and I believe it
is referring to the above gitorious link. Is there a way for anyone to
SEE the text of that?

Hoping not to sound like an officious fool,

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .