Amarok 2.0 beta 3 announcement

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:50:35 CET 2008

For what its worth, I agree with Lydia and greatly prefer writing
stuff in google docs, mostly because ts simply a better writing tool,
but also for a number of other reasons, see below.

> /me gets the feeling that "being open", the values of the free software
> community, aren't that important anymore these days?

I do not think that is fair, nor do I think it is accurate. I think my
record on supporting openness should speak for itself, but when it
comes to a release announcement, I think it makes sense that we write
it in private. Reasons for this:

1. We often go through a lot of iterations with comments from
different people, and it would suck if sites started to post early
version of our changelog, just to get a jump on their competition.
2. In general, you have to be fairly familiar with the project to
write a good changelog, so "drive by contributions" are really not
that useful in any case imo.
3. When doing press releases, we want to be in control of when and
where they are released, for maximum impact, this goes back to point 1
somewhat.

- Nikolaj