Amarok 2.0 beta 3 announcement

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Mon Oct 27 18:34:04 CET 2008

Heya,

>> We had that when Nightrose was away. Sebr wrote an announcement for
>> the dot, markey did so, too. Both were submitted. This can only happen
>> when we are not open enough.
>
> No! This can only happen when people don't listen and comunicate. I
> prepared everything and told people where to find it. This was clearly
> a communication issue between Mark and Seb. Not a problem of where the
> stuff was at all.

I disagree.
Of course it also was a communication error. But if two people work on
two Google Docs they each work in their own seperated world. One doesn't
get any info from the other. In contrast to a Wiki. Here you see the changes
from others and that would have helped in this case to detect the communi-
cation error. Even if you work on seperate documents.

We are humans. We make communications errors. And Google Doc as a platform
supports that in our workflow.

>> The Wiki has an recent changes RSS feed. So everyone who might want
>> to contribute can see when we start something. And everyone sees what
>> work has already been done, what changes have been made.
> An email to this list does the same.

Honestly, the diffs are much more informative. And a RSS feed is more open
than a list you have to subscribe to.

/me gets the feeling that "being open", the values of the free software
community, aren't that important anymore these days?

cu
--
Darkerradio Free Music Charts:
http://www.darkerradio.com/news/free-music-charts-oktober-2008/