Understanding why it matters where amarok is run from

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Mar 22 12:30:54 UTC 2016

Hi Bernd,

there is a blog post I wrote a few years ago that explains the setting
up of a build environment. It is important to set the environment
right and tell amarok the PATH to where the dependency libraries, in
this case kdelibs are, so if you make a local build, then this needs
to be set up first, as well as restarting the shell to load the
information.

http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/26/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/

The blog post started in 2009, but has been continuously updated over
the years and still applies for latest KDE 4.14.x

Hope this helps.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org