Breakpoints never reached in main.cpp, when they really should be

Bernd Wechner bwechner at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 05:23:36 UTC 2016

OK, am stepping through amarok code in QtCreator and find the most
bizarre behaviour as follows.

Using the latest git snapshot from git://anongit.kde.org/amarok.git

in main.cpp I can set a breakpoint at line 300 which reads:

     if( !KUniqueApplication::start( startFlag ) )

I can set breakpoints anywhere after this in main.cpp and they are never
reached. If I single step over line 300, it amarok UI just fires up and
enters its wait loop for events.

This strikes me as particularly odd as it is not until line 329:

     return app.exec();

that it looks like the app is fired up proper and this looks
suspsciously like a debugging issue with QtCreator.

Another thought is that perhaps the binary is compiled with some
optimisation or some other confounding issue that mucks up the tie
between the built binary and the source code. Am guessing wildly and
keen to learn.

Regards,

Bernd.