KF5 Port Status

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Sep 25 09:23:41 UTC 2015

Hi Aditya,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Aditya Sharma
<aditya.sharma15696 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So finally I am over with my University Exams and have a lot of time up my
> sleeve.

Nice :)
> What's the current porting status ?

Normally the latest porting status should be visible from
https://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/KF5port/Status, provided
everybody keeps that page updated. This is very important, else
collaboration is rather difficult.

> Last I heard, there was some
> segmentation fault and we were trying to fix it with Olivier's patch.
> (Changes to the App() ...)

Did you apply that patch?

> Also, on some systems (like mine) , liblastfm5 error was showing up. It
> wasn't being detected. Completely avoiding the Lastfm package solves it to
> an extent but as Stefan said, environments should be more or less similar.
> So I'll be trying to fix it for that uniformity.
>
> Also if someone could update the porting wiki. It builds 100% now with the
> last kf5 commit.

Well, as said above, it is a wiki, so everybody can edit it :)

BTW, it would be nice if you all could choose more meaningful subject
lines when you start a thread, I have like 20 mails with the same "kf5
port" subject, which I think should be a little more detailed.
Another wish addressed to all of you: if you participate in Amarok
development, you should change your mailing list subscription to
regular, not digest, as it is quite tiresome to answer from a digest
thread, as one has to edit all the headers and erase all the
unnecessary mails in the same digest.

Regards, Myriam

PS. Hopefully we soon have an instance on Phabricator so we can use
Maniphest to organize the tasks.

http://www.fsfe.org