KF5 Port Status

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Sat Sep 26 09:48:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le 25/09/2015 11:23, Myriam Schweingruber a écrit :
> Hi Aditya,
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Aditya Sharma
> <aditya.sharma15696 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So finally I am over with my University Exams and have a lot of time up my
>> sleeve.
> Nice :)
>> What's the current porting status ?
> Normally the latest porting status should be visible from
> https://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/KF5port/Status, provided
> everybody keeps that page updated. This is very important, else
> collaboration is rather difficult.
I'm sorry not to have  updated the wiki. The status is the same as
discussed before. I'm still waiting that someone reads the code and
validate it. I'm not sure to have thoroughly understood how the
initialization worked, and thus to have ported it completely. Everything
is still in the review board, waiting for validation of someone who is
used to the framework.

And I can't test it because of the segfault.
>> Last I heard, there was some
>> segmentation fault and we were trying to fix it with Olivier's patch.
>> (Changes to the App() ...)
>>
> Did you apply that patch?
>
>> Also, on some systems (like mine) , liblastfm5 error was showing up. It
>> wasn't being detected. Completely avoiding the Lastfm package solves it to
>> an extent but as Stefan said, environments should be more or less similar.
>> So I'll be trying to fix it for that uniformity.
>>
>> Also if someone could update the porting wiki. It builds 100% now with the
>> last kf5 commit.
>>
> Well, as said above, it is a wiki, so everybody can edit it :)
Cheers,
Olivier