[Port KF5] Why we get so many segfault...

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Tue Oct 20 17:14:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I found why we get so many nasty segfault...

Several methods of Qt4 (which were virtual) are now (with Qt5) pure
virtual, meaning that they are defined like:
         virtual void myfunction( ...args...) = 0 ;

Therefore calling them produces a segfault...

IMO, we should first comment them with, before the line
         #pragma message("PORTKF5: X lines here")
so that at compilation time we can easily find what still needs to be
changed.

After that, we'll have to either remove the lines or reimplement them.

Cheers & Have fun!
Olivier

--
Olivier CHURLAUD
Engineer Student at Ecole Centrale de Lyon
@: olivier at churlaud.com
tel: +49 (0)1575-2931348
in:  http://linkedin.com/in/olivierchurlaud
web: http://olivier.churlaud.com