[Port KF5] Why we get so many segfault...

Aroonav Mishra aroonav11 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:21:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

Sorry for not being able to get back to you on IRC. I have been busy with
another project of mine at my university for quite some time now.

If a method was virtual before and is pure virtual now then one can't call
that function as the method is of an abstract class now in Qt5 (and hence
can't be instantiated). Just removing these function calls won't help
either as the classes that derive from these will also remain an abstract
class until these pure virtual functions are reimplemented in the derived
classes.

So the calls to these specific functions will automatically turn up as
errors during the compilation process (thus automatically highlighting the
need to take care of the now pure virtual function). Can you please explain
why then is it needed to use pragma in these cases?

Regards,
Aroonav.