Applying Churlaud's patch - KF5/Qt5

Aditya Sharma aditya.sharma15696 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 13:44:22 UTC 2015

> I'll commit anyway today, so that everyone can work from the same basis...
> If at the end, someone thinks it's not well made, the commit can be
> reverted....
>
> Changed all includes of KApplication to QApplication.
> Changed kapplication.h  to qapplication.h
> Changed kapp to qApp
> Commented qApp->setTopWidget following the advice here[1]
>
> Wasn't it already in the patch ?

Many parts were left out. Such as when we closed the Application,
KApplication caused a run time error regarding some sessionSaving() thing.
So basically changed all those KApplication and kapp instances with
QApplication and qApp.

> With this done, amarok builds 100% . However an error  pops up after I
> quit it from system tray. Here's the backtrace[2] .
>
> My backtrace is not so complete, can you give the command you used? I'm
> not good with gdb, so I'll be happy to know how you add such a good one.

I compiled it with Debug mode enabled. Rest is just the Amarok crash report
and the backtrace from the Developer Information Tab. Still haven't next
through it with gdb. Will do once you commit everything.

> Here is mine:
>  - If I don't specify the plugins location, I see the window correctly and
> this is the backtrace (can be easily corrected I guess) i get [1]
>

> - If I specify the plugin location with
>         export
> QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/olivier/Projets/bin_amarok/lib64/plugins
>  I get [2] and the window doesn't show correctly.
>
> [1]            https://paste.kde.org/phqeb6t9h

Did you apply the updated patch I emailed you yesterday ? sessionSaving()
error should not have popped up then :\ . Kindly let me know of the same.

> [2]            https://paste.kde.org/p6vhsvwwe

My guess for the window not showing correctly is that we have to port it to
the new QML and the existing JSON to the new version.

Regards
Aditya