Applying Churlaud's patch - KF5/Qt5

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Sun Oct 4 11:41:01 UTC 2015

Hi there,

Le 03/10/2015 22:23, Aditya Sharma a écrit :
> I applied Olivier's patch from the Review Board. He has still not
> committed anything so I proceeded anyway with his patch.

I'll commit anyway today, so that everyone can work from the same
basis... If at the end, someone thinks it's not well made, the commit
can be reverted....

> Changed all includes of KApplication to QApplication.
> Changed kapplication.h  to qapplication.h
> Changed kapp to qApp
> Commented qApp->setTopWidget following the advice here[1]
Wasn't it already in the patch ?
> With this done, amarok builds 100% . However an error  pops up after I
> quit it from system tray. Here's the backtrace[2] .

My backtrace is not so complete, can you give the command you used? I'm
not good with gdb, so I'll be happy to know how you add such a good one.

Here is mine:
  - If I don't specify the plugins location, I see the window correctly
and this is the backtrace (can be easily corrected I guess) i get [1]

- If I specify the plugin location with
         export
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/olivier/Projets/bin_amarok/lib64/plugins
  I get [2] and the window doesn't show correctly.

[1]            https://paste.kde.org/phqeb6t9h
[2]            https://paste.kde.org/p6vhsvwwe