Problem in executing amarok after build

Aroonav Mishra aroonav11 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:27:14 UTC 2015

Hello all..
I have been tring to build Amarok but I have been facing some problems in
running it. After installing all its dependencies I executed the commands
shown and the associated output has been redirected to the files.

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kde -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=OFF
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull $HOME/kde/src/amarok >cmake.log 2>cmake_err.log
make install >make_install.log 2>make_install_err.log
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental >kbuildsycoca.log 2>kbuildsycoca_err.log
amarok

The links of the output are:
cmake.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=UkqR3qWS
cmake_err.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=L5UqtYFR
make_install.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VZKA2Mh6
make_install_err.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4XDHQAyK
kbuildsycoca.log: <EMPTY>
kbuildsycoca_err.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6Q0WCJm0

I googled for the soutions to the following problems but the methods
suggested didn't work.
1.Though I have installed the libnepomukcore4abi1 & nepomuk-core-data but
still cmake doesn't detect them as shown in cmake_err.log. I have been
trying to solve a bug related to nepomuk and I might need this library.
2.How to remove the warnings about LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES in
cmake_err.log and what is its significance?
3.I get the error "Amarok could not find any plugins. This indicates an
installation problem." when trying to execute amarok. How should I resolve
this.

Platorm details:
OS:Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit
KDE platform version 4.14.1