Amarok v2.8.1

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri May 9 13:49:43 UTC 2014

Hi all and welcome back to Dan and Matěj :)

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Matěj Laitl <matej at laitl.cz> wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Dan Meltzer
> <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
> I've also started poking with the my MTP collection rewrite, which
> would hopefully be in a releasable state in a month or two. If this
> goes according to the plan, we may even think of calling it just
> Amarok 2.9.

I think there are the minor fixes we planed a while back that should
go out as 2.8.1 ASAP, as we already missed the Kubuntu Trusty release
due to that delay, and there are some real nasty bugs that make Amarok
painful to use with 2.8.0. This would also give us more polishing time
for 2.9

One of the most annoying things is the GUI being not responsive after
the start due to some collection scanning, I get reports about this
almost daily

> BTW, it would be nice if Tatjana's AudioCD rewrite would be readied
> before 2.9 as it would allow us to remove a deprecated framework.
> Tatjana? Edward?

Wasn't that merged already?

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org