Amarok v2.8.1

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri May 9 11:39:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Dan,
first, thanks for all your recent work on Amarok, especially for
taking care of review requests and other similar long-overdue taks!

> I was talking With Mark this morning, and I think it would be prudent to release an Amarok 2.8.1.  There aren't a lot of feature changes, but there are a number of bug fixes, and just general runtime issues.  I Have a hope to have amarok working better on os x before the release, but I wouldn't consider it a showstopper either way.

I'm all in, and given that I've submitted by master's thesis this
Monday (yay; there's still final exams for me in ~4 weeks), I could
even have some time to do the release (but I'd happily pass it on if
someone *wants* to do it).

I've also started poking with the my MTP collection rewrite, which
would hopefully be in a releasable state in a month or two. If this
goes according to the plan, we may even think of calling it just
Amarok 2.9.

BTW, it would be nice if Tatjana's AudioCD rewrite would be readied
before 2.9 as it would allow us to remove a deprecated framework.
Tatjana? Edward?

Regards,
          Matěj