C++11

Edward Toroshchin edward.hades at gmail.com
Wed May 8 13:51:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 02:50:26PM +0200, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> I'd really like to start using some C++11 features in Amarok. It has been
> argued that only few compilers support all of C++11's features at this
> point, and that we therefore couldn't use C++11.

I support going to C++11. Probably the best people to ask about compiler
support are our packagers, since it is them, who'll be "enjoying" all
the potential problems.

Also, I believe a multi-platform buildbot would help a lot at this
point. We could set it up so that it builds Amarok with a bunch of
popular GCC and CLang versions to make sure we break the build on as few
systems as possible.

--
Edward "Hades" Toroshchin
dr_lepper on irc.freenode.org