C++11

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed May 8 12:50:26 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I'd really like to start using some C++11 features in Amarok. It has been
argued that only few compilers support all of C++11's features at this
point, and that we therefore couldn't use C++11.

Right. However, we could use a *subset* of C++11 features. I'm thinking
especially of popular features like Lambda Functions, which have been
implemented for a good while in all common compilers. With GCC and Clang
this wouldn't be a problem. I'm not so sure about the Microsoft compiler
(Patrick do you know?).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer