[amarok] /: Make playlist-related actions consistent throughout Amarok code (behaviour change)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Jun 27 10:16:36 UTC 2013

Hi  Matěj,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Matěj Laitl <matej at laitl.cz> wrote:
> On 27. 6. 2013 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Matěj Laitl <matej at laitl.cz> wrote:
>> > Options for the "activate" (double or single click, per configuration,
>> > if we so choose) action; feel free to suggest more:
>> >
>> > a) append track to playlist and start playing perhaps a different
>> > (depends on other factors) track in the playlist, if not already
>> > playing. The old behaviour.
>>
>> That was not the "old" behavior, the old behavior was double-click
>> appends to playlist. There never was an immediate start of a track
>> playing on double-click.
>
> In fact, there was. Steps to reproduce:
>  1. git checkout de62cfb920d05f          # the one before my commit
>  2. build / run, ensure it is not playing on startup
>  3. double-click on any artist in your collection; playback starts
>
> But this doesn't matter at all for the current situation, I just think this
> may be the root of the misunderstanding here.

Funny, it never did that for me, double-click only starts a track if
you double click on it in the playlist, not in the Collection browser.
So apparently what was clearly a bug never showed up on my
installation :)

>> So -1 on that, as it was never working like that.
>
> -1 from me too, this (IMO unfortunate) behaviour was in fact the trigger for
> me to have a look at it. I thought you wanted to revert to exactly this
> behaviour (by saying "keep the old behaviour"), and I thought Markey insisted
> on starting playback on double-click.

there was indeed a big misunderstanding, we both (Mark and I) never meant that

>> > b) just append to playlist.
>>
>> +1
>
> This is fine with me and I didn't know this is fine with you. That's why I'm
> suggesting there has been a terrible misunderstanding.

I have been saying that all along, I never wanted a start on
double-click, just append, and it did work like that for me since I
can think of.

Good we got this one cleared :)

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org