Handbook - nag

Valorie Zimmerman valorie at kde.org
Thu Jul 18 15:46:40 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please everybody, don't forget we have an upcoming release and the
> handbook is in serious need of an update. I have added some
> screenshots the other day, but there is a lot of work, especially in
> proofreading that the features are described properly, and the
> screenshots really reflect the current state. Some are really
> outdated.

On that note, I've been trying to update the new user screenshot for
2.8. I have a nice screenie, uploaded it to *replace* the 2.4 one,
which (disturbingly to me) renames it to the old 2.4 name. More
important, it isn't displaying, although it shows as the current file
in the file history.

I'd like to not have to go to each of the 20 or so pages and
individually change the link to a new screenshot! I've not used
userbase for awhile to upload/replace images. What am I doing wrong?
When I click on the image *in the image file area*, it shows
correctly, except for the stupid filename, but it doesn't display on
the page.

> Unfortunately somebody updated all Category tags to 2.8 without
> checking everything, that is not a good policy. So please, take extra
> care that everything is ready for the 2.8 release.
>
> I am subscribed to all wiki pages, strangely I haven't seen any
> updates in the last few days, and I seem to recall that this was a
> promised work for Akademy. So please, if you promise something, then
> do so or give an update if you can't, but don't just let it slip.
>
> It would be really sad if I were again the only one doing all the work :(

It is nice to hear reminders to do the work, but please leave
sentences such as the above unsaid. It is really demotivating. Some of
my work has just been checking; I actually have been working.

Valorie