Qt dependency opinion, was Re: amarok-devel at kde.org

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Apr 3 12:13:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Edward Hades <edward.hades at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> This project has a history of taking decisions on IRC, but imho it is
>> time to ask ourselves weather this is a good approach. Imho it is not.

Please everybody, let's stop bitching at each other, there were
mistakes made, but it is pointless to repeat it endlessly.

So, since this is about the Qt dependency, let's discuss the obvious:

It apparently makes sense to switch to Qt 4.8.2, as it

- helps cleaning up old code
- all distros, including Debian testing do provide it

Are there technical reasons not to switch this dependency? If yes,
please detail these.

If not, please state that you agree with the switch

The discussion is open now, if no obvious reason is given why we
should not depend on Qt 4.8.2 in the next few days we will keep that
dependency switch, else we will revert it.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org