amarok-devel at kde.org

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Wed Apr 3 12:07:30 UTC 2013

On 3. 4. 2013 Sven Krohlas wrote:
> fyi: deciding stuff on IRC has been the source for major arguments
> several times in the past. There are always people who had no chance
> to participate in the discussion. They are upset afterwards.
>
> This project has a history of taking decisions on IRC, but imho it is
> time to ask ourselves weather this is a good approach. Imho it is not.

It is not and I fully agree with that. See my previous RFC mails wrt.
transition from Qt 4.6 to Qt 4.8 etc.

I also hope I've made it clear I would happy to revert the commit should a
non-bureaucratic reason to do so emerge.

P.S.: Edward, projects.kde.org now replaces now-defunct commitfilter, just log
in there, go to Amarok project and check "watch this project".

	Matě