Authorship

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Sun Sep 23 08:34:14 UTC 2012

Heya,

Bart Cerneels wrote:
> The currently active Amarok team

+ ", at least the part who was able to attend Randa, "

> As far as I can tell there is no legal reason to list all past contributors as authors.

It's not about legal reasons. For legal reasons the copyright
headers in the source files are enough.

It's about respect.

The people who have been removed as authors have written substential
parts of Amarok. Nearly every day I can find the time to write code I
use stuff by Nhn, Jeff, Eean and Leo.

Moving inactive people to a "atm inactive authors" category is fine,
but simply moving them to the contributors list is not.

> (we hosted a G+ hangout for all the Amarok team to join, promise to be
> better with scheduling and lighting today).

Due to legal reasons (which are plain stupid, but that's another topic)
G+ hangout is de facto illegal in Germany and therefore not available.