Authorship

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Sun Sep 23 06:17:50 UTC 2012

The currently active Amarok team has defined the authors list to
contain current contributors that have ownership (written it or
maintaining it for a while) of amarok components or non-coding
contributions to the project. As far as I can tell there is no legal
reason to list all past contributors as authors.
Myriam pushed a commit reflecting what we thought was the current
state of that list yesterday. A few people don't seem to agree and
reverted their own entries.

I assume those who consider themselves representatives and active
contributors of the Amarok project are willing to do the work that
earns that distinction.
Let me point you to some continually ongoing tasks:
Amarok regressions:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=Amarok%3A%20regression&sharer_id=70102&list_id=224345
Amarok release blockers:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=Amarok%3A%20release_blocker&sharer_id=70102&list_id=224346
Amarok most hated:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=Amarok%3A%20most%20hated&sharer_id=70102&list_id=224347

And this weekend the meetings we hold at Randa will in a very
significant way determine the future of Amarok:
http://community.kde.org/Sprints/Randa/2012/Multimedia#Amarok_Topics
As an author it's a given you'll try to contribute by being physically
there, prepared materials to support the meeting or join by video chat
(we hosted a G+ hangout for all the Amarok team to join, promise to be
better with scheduling and lighting today).

Bart