TODO for 2.7: android MTP

Philipp Schmidt philschmidt at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 19:56:54 UTC 2012

Am Montag, 10. September 2012, 17:06:57 schrieb Matěj Laitl:
> On 10. 9. 2012 Bart Cerneels wrote:
> > Having recently bought a Galaxy 3 I can confirm, we need have very
> > good MTP support i.e. rewrite MtpCollection.
> >
> > For anyone taking it on (/me looks in the general direction of
> > strohel) I might have a device you can use.
>
> Yeah, I've thought about it. MTP collection rewrite should be a rather
> straightforward adaptation of the iPod collection.

I would volunteer, since I am already a little familiar with libmtp due to my
(currently stagnant work, kudos to my master thesis) on the kio-mtp slave.
Since I will be travelling after completing said thesis I would only be able
to start around Christmas.

One Problem that I see is that many Android Devices as of now do not support
the tracks API (or at least not properly). So one would have to work around
that, as that should be the preferred way to access misuci files on a MTP
device.

Cheers,
Philipp