TODO for 2.7: android MTP

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Mon Sep 10 15:06:57 UTC 2012

On 10. 9. 2012 Bart Cerneels wrote:
> Having recently bought a Galaxy 3 I can confirm, we need have very
> good MTP support i.e. rewrite MtpCollection.
>
> For anyone taking it on (/me looks in the general direction of
> strohel) I might have a device you can use.

Yeah, I've thought about it. MTP collection rewrite should be a rather
straightforward adaptation of the iPod collection.

And given the fact I don't have any MTP device right now and my S40 Nokia
phone is getting a bit old, a decent Android phone (which is perhaps not the
device you say you might have, but having 2 devices to test is better than
one) would be both a good test bed and motivation for me. (/me thinks about
some kind of fund-raising)

Another thing is I don't know (yet) how much I'll be occupied during the
semester. Contingency plan is to have MTP rewrite (coupled with AudioCD
rewrite) as next GSoC project (that I can do/mentor), but that would be way
too late IMO.

	Matěj