GSoC: Extending "Remove duplicates" in Amarok

sunil kumar skstronghold at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:27:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

Amarok have an option in "Playlist->Remove duplicates" to remove songs
which are binary identical. I would like to extend this feature so that it
not only remove binary identical songs but also uses fuzzy comparison to
find identical songs having different tags or formats, as my GSoC 2012
project. This tool would present user with a choice to remove those songs
which are similar but have different format/tags/encoding or have slight
variation in time. It would also show that by how much amount two songs are
similar. This tool can help us when we have collected our songs from
different people.

--
Sunil Kumar