l10n-kde4/nl/docs/extragear-multimedia/amarok

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sun Aug 12 10:58:31 UTC 2012

On 10. 8. 2012 Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> Op zaterdag 11 augustus 2012 00:27:42 schreef Matěj Laitl:
> > SVN commit 1310164 by laitl:
> >
> > Re-add entities missing from KDE 4.6 to index.docbook
> >
> > You perhaps update this using a script, so please fix the script or the
> > source it generates the index.docbook from.
>
> Indeed. I just use the KDE tool scripts/update_xml to generate docbooks.
> Currently I use KDE 4.8, but a few month ago I used 4.6, but I copied the
> some of the kdelibs files from 4.8 to 4.6 in order to be able to generate
> the docbooks. Apart from you I received one more remark about this
> procedure.

I see. According to my chat with Albert Astals Cid (see attachement), it
should be possible to tell update_xml to use different definitions than the
installed ones.

So to summarise it:
 * when running update_xml for KDE SC 4.X, you should use definitions from
kdelibs 4.X
 * when running update_xml for Amarok (and perhaps other extragear), you
should tell it to use definitions from minimal KDE version Amarok depends on,
can be found at [1].

[1]
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/multimedia/amarok/repository/revisions/master/entry/README

> I hope I can add these ENTITY definitions in the po file and generate a
> docbook which does not need any change by you.

Impossible according to Albert, see attached chat. Only solution is said to be
expanding the entities manually. But don't bother with it for Amarok right
now, already packaged 2.6.0 is most probably the last version to depend on KDE
4.6.

Thanks for caring,
		Matěj