Fwd: Amarok v2.4.3 doesn't build

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Oct 21 08:23:04 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Amarok v2.4.3 doesn't build
To: Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org>
Cc: kretschmann at kde.org

Hi again,

sorry to contact you directly, but ...

On Wednesday 19 October 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to build amarok from the v2.4.3 tag from git and it failed
> !!!! ;-)

Ok, so I got it working, and it can now access my ipod again. That's good.

I had several issue when trying to delete files from the ipod:

* I did not find how to really delete (i.e. not move to trash). Is this
possible ?

* when the selected files contained files which did not exist on disk (i.e.
they were still in the ipod database, but not on disk anymore), the TrashJob
reported an error saying that one of the files does not exist, and didn't do
anything, i.e. also did not trash the other files. It would be nice if there
was an error message telling me this. I just found out when I run
"amarok --debug" and looked at the output.

* the TrashJob used the trash on the harddisk. The max. size is set to 10%,
which would be 24GB, i.e. plenty. But, it seems that instead of 10% of the
target partition it calculated 10% of the source partition, i.e. whenever the
trash reached around 100 MB (the ipod is 1GB), the TrashJob complained that
the trash is full and I should delete it.
It would be good if
** I'd get a messagebox telling me that (I just found out via the debug
output)
** it would use 10% of the size of the partition where the trash is located,
instead of 10% of the size of the partition where the files are deleted from
(ok, forget this point, I just found that I can configure the actions what
happens when the trash reaches that size for each source partition separately,
so I set it to "Delete oldest" now when it reaches this point, this makes this
issue go away basically, but still a messagebox showing me that warning would
be *really* good).

* I didn't find a way how to "fix" the ipod database, i.e. how to remove the
stale files from it.

All this is with Amarok from the v2.4.3 tag from yesterday, on an OpenSUSE
11.4 with KDE 4.6.

Best regards
Alex

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia