Idea of Proposal for GSoC 2011: Music of Mood

Vartika Dewani vartikadewani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:49:10 CET 2011

Sir/Ma'am,
This is regarding Idea of Proposal for GSoC 2011.
I am Vartika Dewani, presently a second year student of ICT at Dhirubhai
Ambani Institute of Information and Technology, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, INDIA.
I would like to share with you my idea of proposal for GSoC 2011 and it
would be great if you could go through it.

I was thinking of a feature to work with Amarok. The very basic idea is as
stated below.

   1. User selects a song and sets his/her mood for example <Happy>
   2. Now the application matches the genre, rhyme, style, album, artist etc
   features of the song and finds other songs online which match certain number
   of features.
   3. It fetches/seeks those songs online (url or other mode of accessing)
   and adds link to the playlist <Happy> in some order.
   4. User may make that playlist permanent or just for a time period.
   5. He/ She can add their favorite music sites too.
   6. In addition to this, next time there is no need to set the song for
   the mood, all that is need is to select the mood and it fetches the songs
   relative to previous search.
   7. Kindly note that the songs are not downloaded but streamed.

To be brief it would be like *d**ynamic playlist generation based on song
'mood'* in some manner.

Familiar with: C and C++.
Presently learning Linux.
Recently started reading Qt basics.

Your response, advice and suggestions are of utmost importance.

Best Regards-
Vartika Dewani
vartikadewani at gmail.com