Amarok mobile roadmap

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Jan 5 14:37:52 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> * Developers suck at UI design. NO DESIGN BY COMMITTEE!
> We've had enough epic discussion threads about tiny design choices
> that don't go anywhere. Not to mention the result leaves much to be
> desired. So let's leave the design of the UX (User eXperience) to
> designers. People with skills, training, experience and interest to do
> so.

I actually think that I am fairly good with UI design, it's listed in
my CV as special areas of interest.

Certainly I'm not as good as Max Howell, but if possible, I would like
to take over the UI design, because I hate doing backend work. I'm
also willing to learn Qt Quick ASAP, because I need that for other
projects, and I have visited a tutorial on QML by Till Adam.

However, I find it a good idea to pull some usability folks on board,
because they almost always find some things that we tend to overlook.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting