Amarok mobile roadmap

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Jan 6 13:46:28 CET 2011

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> > * Developers suck at UI design. NO DESIGN BY COMMITTEE!
> > We've had enough epic discussion threads about tiny design choices
> > that don't go anywhere. Not to mention the result leaves much to be
> > desired. So let's leave the design of the UX (User eXperience) to
> > designers. People with skills, training, experience and interest to do
> > so.
>
> I actually think that I am fairly good with UI design, it's listed in
> my CV as special areas of interest.
>
> Certainly I'm not as good as Max Howell, but if possible, I would like
> to take over the UI design, because I hate doing backend work. I'm
> also willing to learn Qt Quick ASAP, because I need that for other
> projects, and I have visited a tutorial on QML by Till Adam.
>
> However, I find it a good idea to pull some usability folks on board,
> because they almost always find some things that we tend to overlook.

I'd love to provide usability input on this. I couldn't spot many UI topics on
the mailing list recently, so I'm eager to get more involved with Amarok
again.
Having someone review UI designs who didn't create them is pretty important to
get unbiased feedback, so I'd offer to do that.

Regards,
Thomas