GSoC 2011 idea, mentor needed?

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:45:50 CET 2011

Hello,

I was googling for the support of the grooveshark [0] internet music provider
and I found this thread:
http://getsatisfaction.com/grooveshark/topics/amarok_web_service_for_grooveshar

Maybe you can add it to the Google Summer Of Code 2011 ideas for amarok?
Would be very nice to have that support.

There is already some code done in Groove, N900 client for grooveshark [1] and
moovida [2] has some code also. I'm not sure of the state of the clients -- if
they work at all.

[0] http://listen.grooveshark.com/
[1] https://garage.maemo.org/projects/groove/
[2] http://www.moovida.com/

I'm not involved in amarok development (already commited to krita :) ),
so I can't mentor amarok coding. Lydia suggested to ask here for possible
mentor. So what do you think?

Lukas