GSoC projects merging

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 04:16:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> Teo, Nikhil, Andrew and Varrun: When are you planning to merge your
> GSoC projects? I would like to make a plan for Amarok 2.4 and your
> projects will be a central parts of that.
> Please consider merging your code really soon as that will give it
> enough time to be tested and tweaked where needed.
> If you need help with that please let your mentor know or ask here.

My project has one known crash bug, which I'll fix this weekend. There
are some bugs in HUpnp that would need fixing. Ideally I'd be ready
for a merge in about 2 weeks including any review of the code Bart
might want to do. I have questions regarding external dependencies.

Amarok collections are dynamically loaded plugins, so it is not
necessary to have HUpnp and kio-upnp-ms as *compile time*
dependencies, and so packagers would most likely have a separate
package for it (though I've no idea how this is done).

But how is downstream notified of the two new dependencies which are
unlikely to be part of KDE till 4.6 atleast.
HUpnp (http://herqq.org)
kio-upnp-ms (http://gitorious.org/kio-upnp-ms)

Regards,
Nikhil