Review Request: MusicBrainz Tagger "restyling"

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 01:52:04 CET 2010

> I agree. Though leaving the best matches uncolored would have the
advantage of
> a "clean" list if there are mostly perfect matches, green should still
stay
> for the best matches.
How can selection title and artist have many "best" matches? Exact track is
made by an exact artist and has exact title (its not true for album, imho),
thus giving many best matches doesn't comply with logic’s a bit, as it start
to look more like results of eshop, when there are many good answers :)

As for color thing in my last email, I probably failed to express the idea.
Colors can also be used on field, not row basis. I suspect that in majority
of cases either only one filed will be wrong, so only that filed gets marked
(less color noise on correct results). Either entire track has faulty tags,
so entire row gets probably same color underline.

"None color" thing - its more a css hack. Since border-bottom adds height to
span/div, filed without changes should also have transparent border-bottom
to keep horizontally aligned.

See the attachment.

And ratios thing, I thing more testing on much more track must be done. It
result sets would average ~1-4 suggestions per track, ratios becomes almost
irrelevant.

p.s. there is no way to undo selected changes, since radio button cant be
unchecked. Radio button on original track?..