Review Request: MusicBrainz Tagger "restyling"

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Nov 2 23:51:15 CET 2010

> Results are compared to track exactly as you wrote - field to field,
> but all this fields has different weights:
>
> Title: 22
> Artist: 6
> Album: 12
> Track number: 6
> Track duration: 8
>
> Probably I should change 'em.

Maybe we can find someplace we can copy the weights from, these should not be
left to guesswork. For example, I don't think Artist should be given such a
low weight.

> Finder thresholds results by Its similarity level ( 70% minimum ), so
> there is can not be any *Red* tracks. In case of discrete colors,
> we'll get mostly all yellow and a couple of green ( 1..3 ) ( all
> matching stuff case insensitive btw ). And I'm not agree with "* None
> (or default background color) - If the is no difference", If we use
> colors to indicate match ratio any user understand, that green is
> good, red is bad and yellow ( orange ) is some transitive measure not
> good not bad, something in between; But what uncolored items mean,
> some results which program forgot to remove? May be I am very wrong,
> but I think in this direction.

I agree. Though leaving the best matches uncolored would have the advantage of
a "clean" list if there are mostly perfect matches, green should still stay
for the best matches. It might not look great, but I would not sacrifice ease
of learning for looks here. If we want to make it look less intrusive, we'd
better play with how we do the coloring, not with the colors themselves.

> Good point about bottom line, I'll try. :)
>
> --
> Sergey

Thank you all again for cooperating so well. It seems like we're improving the
dialog with every change we make.