New cover fetcher and dialogue

Eelko Berkenpies e.berkenpies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:14:39 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is to inform you I've finally finished working on the new cover
> fetcher (plus UI). Feel free to hack on it if you're interested.
> Feature-wise I'm quite happy with it. It is quite useful now and for
> most intended purposes should be sufficient. Please let me know what
> you think, bugs, ways it should be improved etc. Thanks!
>
> --
>    Rick

Hello Rick,

Thanks for implanting that discogs search engine! :) There's only one
feature left I would be looking for myself and that would be storing covers
in the corresponding folders instead of the (internal) database (or wherever
Amarok stores them now). Due to testing and playing with up-to-date GIT
versions, I wipe my database and configs on a regular base. And (obviously?)
when I do that, I lose the covers which have been added by the cover
manager. Having an option to store them in the folder they belong, the
collectionscanner would pick them up on a re-scan and have them added again
so my collection would look all nice and shiny as before.

I'm not sure if this is possible and if it's important enough to add, but it
sure would make *me* happy. :)

--
With kind regards,

Eelko Berkenpies