New cover fetcher and dialogue

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Tue Mar 23 11:37:57 CET 2010

Tue, 23 Mar, 2010 at 11:14:39 AM +0100, Eelko Berkenpies:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is to inform you I've finally finished working on the new cover
> > fetcher (plus UI). Feel free to hack on it if you're interested.
> > Feature-wise I'm quite happy with it. It is quite useful now and for
> > most intended purposes should be sufficient. Please let me know what
> > you think, bugs, ways it should be improved etc. Thanks!
>
> Hello Rick,
>
> Thanks for implanting that discogs search engine! :) There's only one
> feature left I would be looking for myself and that would be storing covers
> in the corresponding folders instead of the (internal) database (or wherever
> Amarok stores them now). Due to testing and playing with up-to-date GIT
> versions, I wipe my database and configs on a regular base. And (obviously?)
> when I do that, I lose the covers which have been added by the cover
> manager. Having an option to store them in the folder they belong, the
> collectionscanner would pick them up on a re-scan and have them added again
> so my collection would look all nice and shiny as before.
>
> I'm not sure if this is possible and if it's important enough to add, but it
> sure would make *me* happy. :)

There's a script that does that called CopyCover2 [1] which you might
like to try. As for the Discogs integration, there's still doubt whether
that'll make it into the next release. I was told about the fallout they
had with Rhythmbox after I've implemented it; right now I'm waiting for
a reply from Discogs whether Amarok is permitted to have this function.

  1. http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/CopyCover2?content=113293

--
    Rick