RandomTrackNavigator (was: ready for tagging?)

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:30:17 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry that I can't reply directly to the "ready for tagging?" thread.
I've just subscribed to the list.

I was already planning / resigned to cleaning that mess in
RandomTrackNavigator, due to FilterProxy.

But IMHO it seems too much while in a code freeze.

Hints of what I want to do:

    * Separate the history bookkeeping (for requestLast) from the "don't
      play a track twice in 1 run" bookkeeping.

    * Choose only 1 playlist item ahead of time.

    * Get rid of duplicate decision code introduced by MR 106.

      (NEVER EVER copy&paste decision code that's >= 3 lines !)
      (It seems unfortunate interplay between Thomas and Ian Monroe led
      to that)

    * Use signal 'rowsInserted' etc. instead of 'insertedIds' etc.

    Cheers,
    Nanno