Args, we forgot about: The Splash Screen

Martin Aumueller aumuell at reserv.at
Wed Mar 10 00:19:06 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 00:05, Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> we almost forgot to exchange the splash screen, gah. I had started
>> some kind of contest on my blog, you can see the results in the
>> comments here:
>>
>> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1164-Kraut-Sourcing.html
>>

>> My absolute favorite is the top left one here (license is OK too):
>>
>> http://roozbehonline.com/pix/88/11/amarok-splash-rosha-version.png
>>

>> I think it looks just amazing and fits our style perfectly.
>
> My vote is for:
>
> http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1165/amarok5.png
>
> It has a vision, a message, it's all birght and happy, and it has a
> wolf.  All three requirements are met.

It's funny and different from most of the others. It features a summer
theme - and 2.3 is probably to last during all of summer (on the
northern hemisphere). But I'm not sure if I want to look at it for an
extended period of time. I think this should be tested in git for a
couple of weeks before sticking it on a release.

I'd go for http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4038/amaroksplashdarkeladmiz.png
now. And if we still like it, then we could upgrade to the more
colourful version in 2.3.1.

Martin