[GSoC Update] Playdar Integration, Week 8

Andy Coder andrew.coder at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 04:58:57 CEST 2010

Milestone week!

My Amarok build now resolves and plays tracks from Playdar.  There's a
new entry in the collection browser for the "Playdar Collection", and,
when the filter bar's used, any results are added to the collection,
and users can do what they'd like with them from there.  Any results
we get are also available for browsing anytime, until the end of the
session.

Thus far, I've only got one major issue.  PlaydarQueryMaker returns
way too many results for everything.  I'm fairly certain this is
really the behavior I wrote, before I realized what's really expected
of QueryMakers, (seeing --debug output for every member of
PlaydarQueryMaker sorted that out).

So, this weekend/next week, I'm fixing up PlaydarQueryMaker, and
polishing the whole thing a bit, so that we've got a solid foundation
for other Playdar-capable components.

 - Andy Coder