[Amarok] Allow the title/by/on text font to be configured i

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Mon Jan 11 08:53:15 CET 2010

Mon, 11 Jan, 2010 at 08:16:31 AM +0100, Mark Kretschmann:
> Rick, I don't think it was a nice move of you to "smuggle this in" in
> a huge flood of commits. It does appear a bit like you tried to make
> it so that people won't notice :)
>
> Back story: Rick had made a "Merge Request" about this once, and after
> a lengthy and complicated discussion we kinda concluded that we didn't
> want it, and Rick wrote "Okay :( No hard feelings. Thanks for your
> time." Now we see a "State changed from Rejected to Merged" there.
> Here is this Merge Request:
>
> http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests/1784
>
> It's not a biggie, and let's not make a big drama about it, but just
> in general I would prefer if you ask us before making such changes.
> This was a relatively small change, but it's good practice to ask this
> mailing list first before changing things that had been decided on
> before. Otherwise you risk a revert if someone disagrees. The real
> problem is not the commit itself (it could be reverted, no big deal),
> but about noticing the change, in the first place. I noticed it by
> accident when I looked over some of the recent commits. This is also
> where squashing comes into play, as it makes it easier to get an
> overview.
>
> So anyway, you really did fantastic work over the last weeks, so
> please don't see this as accusation or so. We're very happy about your
> work. Just wanted to clarify some working style that we have
> established, as you are new in the team :)
>

> PS: I still find this feature unnecessary and inconsistent, my opinion
> about it hasn't changed.

I didn't try to smuggle this in, though I guess it did look like that. I
have discussed it with Leo on IRC during the last freeze, and he gave me
permission to merge. I didn't do it straight away because of the freeze.
I can dig up the chatlog if you want.

--
    Rick