[Amarok] Allow the title/by/on text font to be configured i

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Jan 11 08:16:31 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us> wrote:
> commit daa092117945b1e94513742d97aed0b4826f6fe9
> Author:     Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>
> AuthorDate: Sun Nov 15 15:17:53 2009 +1300
> Commit:     Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>
> CommitDate: Sun Nov 15 15:17:53 2009 +1300
>
>    Allow the title/by/on text font to be configured in the Current Track applet

Rick, I don't think it was a nice move of you to "smuggle this in" in
a huge flood of commits. It does appear a bit like you tried to make
it so that people won't notice :)

Back story: Rick had made a "Merge Request" about this once, and after
a lengthy and complicated discussion we kinda concluded that we didn't
want it, and Rick wrote "Okay :( No hard feelings. Thanks for your
time." Now we see a "State changed from Rejected to Merged" there.
Here is this Merge Request:

http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests/1784

It's not a biggie, and let's not make a big drama about it, but just
in general I would prefer if you ask us before making such changes.
This was a relatively small change, but it's good practice to ask this
mailing list first before changing things that had been decided on
before. Otherwise you risk a revert if someone disagrees. The real
problem is not the commit itself (it could be reverted, no big deal),
but about noticing the change, in the first place. I noticed it by
accident when I looked over some of the recent commits. This is also
where squashing comes into play, as it makes it easier to get an
overview.

So anyway, you really did fantastic work over the last weeks, so
please don't see this as accusation or so. We're very happy about your
work. Just wanted to clarify some working style that we have
established, as you are new in the team :)

PS: I still find this feature unnecessary and inconsistent, my opinion
about it hasn't changed.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer