Playlist tooltips, yet again

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Feb 17 00:44:04 CET 2010

I think one of the major concerns (ok, my concern... ;-) is that the tooltips
are pretty large and cover the playlist - most likely the moment you want to
interact with it.

Ppl. tend to "look with the mouse", but in a laggy way. I.e. the pointer may
hover some playlist entry while you're interested in some other....

Long story short:
I'd suggest to try to get the tooltip out of the playlist (center), i.e. in
the particular case of the mock, to the upper left or right (depending on
window position compared to the desktop area), preferably right (out of the
window)

Maybe you could also trace the cursor way, i.e. if the tooltips got shown
bottom -> up (in a short time) so far it's more likely that the user is
interested in the entry above the current one.

The icons between the cover and the text look a bit like a splitter what
lowers their indicator function.
Depending on your time you could try to indent every even line.

Depending on how important a precise cover representation is, it might be nice
to use the cover + a translucent overlay (to fade it agaist the text) as
tooltip background.

Cheers,
Thomas