Label buttons - one more time

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de
Sun Feb 14 13:15:33 CET 2010

On Saturday, 13. February 2010 21:03:28 Milot Shala wrote:
> I really like the new toolbar, it awesome and I got used to it, but I am a
> developer and I figure things out faster than a normal user and I was
> following the discussion about the new toolbar since the beginning.

I never said "dump the new toolbar" anyway. I'm just saying that new users
should have to search for basic functionality that's all. I showed the current
app to a few of my friends and told them that we're investigating new ways for
the next/previous function. After that I asked them to skip to the next track
please without clicking the song itself and none of them got it. They all gave
up eventually. Especially because we are gaining on 2.3 tagging basic
functionality should be given and not have to be found.

> But I have to agree with the Daniel's suggestion, I think that by default
> Amarok should have bigger next/previous and stop buttons and let the new
> look have to be chosen by the user in the settings.

Which comes to another very important point. I guess this new feature wasn't
discussed out before really throwing it into the app. I mean by hell it was
discussed after it was in a lot. But it don't think this is the way it should
work with such important functionality. Especially because this is one of the
main items a new user will evaluate the app after he has changed from another
one. You cant make everyone happy but you should at least try to keep a few
happy users no?

Daniel