New toolbar navigation

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Feb 8 13:47:11 CET 2010

On 8 February 2010 18:21, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
>> Without trying to sound condescending, but knowing that I will:
>>
>> tldr;
>
> Trying to get us back to a rational path. Two things:
>
> 1)
> Thomas, some of us Amarok devs prefer reading concise mails. You have
> a tendency to write rather long mails, which are hard to read (some of
> us are hyperactive). Please try to express your thoughts in simple,
> short sentences. Thanks.

Hm yes, sorry :)

> 2)
> Before doing wild experiments with the toolbar UI (many things have
> been suggested), can we please try to go with Enrico's very simple
> proposal first? I'm attaching his original screenshot. It's easy and
> good, IMHO. And it's definitely better than quarreling for another 3
> weeks, without reaching results. Then we can still see.

I've been thinking about this layout and how we could maybe improve
it. Just a thought, what about putting the next and prev buttons and
titles alongside the play/pause button? It might be then more weighted
and obvious since the groupings of next/prev/play/pause are usually
kept together.

> Please see attachment. Thanks.
>
> --
> Mark Kretschmann
> Amarok Developer
> Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd
> Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
> www.kde.org - amarok.kde.org - www.fsfe.org - collabora.co.uk

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/