beta 1 tagging - Splash screen

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:53:16 CEST 2010

Nanno Langstraat wrote:
> Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>> Well I think the solution is probably just what Lydia said: Kubuntu
>> has patched the package.
>
> Bingo: it is controlled by this file:
>

> /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/amarokrc
>

> [...]
> That file is not a part of package 'amarok'; no, it belongs to package
> 'kubuntu-default-settings'.

On the Wiki website of that package we finally find out *why* splash
screen is disabled in Kubuntu:

    https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDefaultSettings

    "The intention is to simplify settings, applications should just
    work and splash screens, tips of the day etc just get in the way."

So now you know. I'll close the bug report.

    Nanno